We are open - safety is our top priority!
When Capt. John Smith arrived on what would become the continent of North America in the early 1600s, the indigenous people in the area called themselves the Dogues. This area was full of natural resources, which made it an ideal place to live. The Europeans quickly realized the benefits of settling in the area that would become Woodbridge, and George Mason bought land there in 1692. The Mason family operated a ferry that shuttled people across the Occoquan River. The Masons held onto their land until 1851, when they sold their plantation to Samuel Troth. Woodbridge has always been an agrarian community, first with plantations and later with smaller farms. Dairy farms continue to dominate the area.
Woodbridge has a wealth of attractions and activities located within the city limits. Spend time outdoors enjoying the area, or choose from many different indoor attractions. Family-friendly activities will keep everyone happily entertained.
- A visit to Lake Ridge Golf Course in Woodbridge would be perfect for the entire family. Kids play free at this golf course, and the nine-hole course is perfect for families. A disc golf course is also available.
- Beehive Indoor Playground features multiple levels of playgrounds for kids of all ages. There are also bumper cars, a moon bounce area, and special spots for the littlest jumpers to play safely.
- The Julie J. Metz Wetlands Bank in Woodbridge is a natural wetland area located along Neabsco Creek. Trek along the wood chip trails and boardwalks to explore the wetlands. You can also hike out to an observation blind to see a tidal marsh.
- The Potomac Mills outlet mall has more than 220 stores, so there’s something for every shopper. After you’re finished checking out the shops, you can also take in a movie or enjoy a meal at one of the more than 25 restaurants.
Where to Eat in Woodbridge
When hunger hits, Woodbridge has you covered. No matter what your tastes are, you’ll easily find a restaurant that suits you. Many eateries offer both dine-in and takeout options. Price points vary, as does the cuisine.
- Brew Republic Bierwerks in Woodbridge has an impressive selection of beers on tap. Stop in for the great food and drinks and stay to enjoy the entertainment options that happen regularly.
- Dixie Bones BBQ serves up down-home barbecue. The lunch specials are always popular, and you can also call in for pick-up or delivery.
- Bahama Breeze Island Grille has a reputation for serving up delectable island cuisine and handcrafted cocktails. Live music is commonplace here, and outdoor deck seating is available during the summer months.
- Bellash Bakery in Woodbridge serves a pleasing array of pastries, cakes, cupcakes, and other baked goods. Stop in for a slice of homemade pie, cheesecake, or crumb cake. Recurring specials like “Cupcakes Monday” are big hits, too.
Where to Stay in Woodbridge
Overnight accommodations in Woodbridge are plentiful. The major hotel chains are prevalent in the city, such as Fairfield Inn, Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Holiday Inn. Locally owned inns are also available in the vicinity, and campers have options, too.
- Rosewood Manor in Port Tobacco, Maryland, is definitely worth the drive if you’re looking for a distinctive inn. This French mansion is located on a quiet estate but is still convenient to many attractions.
- Those who prefer to rough it a little will find camping accommodations in the Prince William Forest. Chopawamsic Backcountry Area is hike-in/hike-out with eight rustic campsites available.
The weather in Woodbridge is usually quite warm and humid during the summer and cold during the winter. The standard range in temperatures throughout the year tops out at 88 degrees in the summer and bottoms out at 27 degrees in the winter. The best times to visit Woodbridge are during June or between early August and early October. July is the warmest month in Woodbridge, and January is the coldest month. Woodbridge receives an average of 43 inches of rain and 14 inches of snow each year, and an average of 197 days are sunny.
Visit Our Woodbridge Dental Office
At Dental One Associates of Woodbridge, VA, we’re here to provide comprehensive care for your entire family. We are committed to helping everyone in our community who needs oral care to find an affordable dentist. Woodbridge, VA, residents can receive specialty dentistry services such as orthodontics, periodontics, and endodontics at our office. Our team of Woodbridge dental specialists can also assist with emergency dental care and sedation dentistry. Come see why so many people trust Dental One Associates when they need a skilled D.D.S.: Make an appointment to visit our dental offices in Woodbridge, VA, today.