We are open - safety is our top priority!
Oral lesions run the spectrum from minor cold sores to HPV lesions that must be removed to protect your health. At Dental One Associates of Woodbridge, we offer advanced laser dentistry treatment options that can safely and effectively remove lesions from your lips, gums and the inner parts of your mouth and throat. Our dental team can diagnose and treat these issues to restore your appearance and to ensure that your lesions heal more quickly. This can help you to feel more confident in the way you look and can reduce pain associated with these dental issues after your treatment. We can also offer more conservative treatment options for patients who are not ideal candidates for our laser dentistry therapies.
The Right Treatments Make a Difference
Many of our patients come to us for oral lesions treatment after trying home remedies or over-the-counter medications. This can cause problems for a number of reasons:
- A proper diagnosis of your issues is necessary to tailor your treatment plan to your needs. There are a number of types of oral lesions. Each of these dental conditions requires special attention to ensure the best results.
- Home remedies may actually do more harm than good. These options should only be pursued with the blessing of a medical doctor or dentist.
- Over-the-counter remedies can sometimes interact with the medications you are already taking. This can lead to serious complications for your overall state of physical health.
What Are the Types of Oral Lesions?
Some lesions may be caused by injuries to the mouth, jaw or lips. In most cases, however, oral lesions are the result of dietary issues or viral infections. We treat most types of oral lesions in Dental One Associates of Woodbridge. Some of the most common varieties of oral lesions include the following:
- Aphthous ulcers are more commonly referred to as canker sores. These lesions can result from biting the inside of your cheek accidentally, from injuries to the face or lips or from dietary issues and stress. Our dentists will discuss your risk factors for canker sores and will help you develop a strategy to avoid these issues in the future.
- HPV lesions are the result of an infection by the human papillomavirus (HPV). While only a few variants of this virus affect the oral cavity, it is important to remove HPV lesions immediately to prevent cancerous cells from developing as a result of this condition.
- Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. These sores can develop inside the mouth or around the lips. Dental One Associates of Woodbridge can diagnose cold sores and can provide you with practical help in managing these issues effectively.
- Hemangiomas are not technically classified as lesions. These birthmarks look like red rubbery spots on your skin. Hemangiomas that appear inside or around the mouth can be treated in our dental office to reduce their appearance and to help you look your best.
Our dentists can provide you with an oral lesions treatment plan that is designed specifically to suit your needs and to relieve pain and discomfort caused by these dental conditions. Call our office today at (703) 910-5020 to set up an appointment to discuss your treatment options.
How Dental Lesions Are Treated
Depending on the type of dental lesions you are experiencing and the severity of your condition, Dental One Associates of Woodbridge may recommend topical medications, antiviral drugs, traditional surgical procedures or laser dentistry treatments. Our dentists will discuss your options with you to make sure they suit your needs and your budget. We are committed to delivering affordable dental care in Woodbridge for every patient we see. This allows us to provide the most positive experiences for our patients and to ensure a lifetime of more beautiful smiles for you and your family.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry Procedures?
By choosing laser dentistry for oral lesions, you can enjoy significant advantages over other treatment options:
- Laser dentistry treatment options offer much faster results than prescription medications. This can allow you to feel better much more quickly.
- The accuracy of laser procedures protects healthy tissue while precisely excising lesions to promote faster healing and less collateral damage to surrounding tissues.
- Anesthesia and prescription pain medications are not as necessary for laser procedures as they can be for traditional surgeries, which limits drug interactions that could cause you serious issues.
- Most laser procedures for lesions take less than an hour, which can help you manage your schedule more efficiently.
If you are interested in exploring your options for treating lesions with dental lasers, give Dental One Associates of Woodbridge a call today at (703) 910-5020 to set up your first appointment with us. We look forward to the chance to serve you and your family with quality dental care in Woodbridge now and for all your future dentistry requirements.