We are open - safety is our top priority!
If you are looking for quality affordable dental care in Fairfax, the dentists at Dental One Associates of Fairfax can provide you with practical solutions for urgent dental situations and routine treatments in our area. We stay current with the latest developments in the field of dentistry and offer you the right options for your care. If you have experienced oral lesions caused by infections, injuries and other conditions, we can address these problems promptly and can promote the best and most positive outcomes for you and your family. Our dentists are friendly and experienced in all aspects of oral lesions treatment. Give us a call today at (703) 664-1990 to touch base with us and to make your first appointment with Dental One Associates of Fairfax today.
Types of Oral Lesions
At our dental practice, we treat almost all types of oral lesions. Our dentists will work with you to diagnose the root causes of your issues and to provide you with oral lesions treatment options that include laser dentistry treatment in our office. Some of the most commonly diagnosed issues we see at Dental One Associates of Fairfax include the following types of oral lesions:
- The technical name for canker sores is aphthous ulcers. When you bite your cheek and cause damage to the inside of your mouth, canker sores are the usual result. They can also occur because of the foods you eat or your level of stress. Our team will work with you to address these issues and to provide you with treatment options that can relieve pain and eliminate the source of the problem.
- Cold sores are the result of an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. Type 1 cases of this viral infection can create blisters filled with fluid inside your mouth or around your lips. These issues will sometimes go away on their own after about two to three weeks. If you have persistent cold sores, however, our dental team will be happy to work with you to determine the right solutions for this type of oral lesions.
- Hemangiomas are a type of birthmark that can potentially appear anywhere on the body. They are harmless and consist of blood vessels that are misplaced and that create a red mark on skin. If you have a hemangioma inside your mouth or around your gums, the dentists at Dental One Associates of Fairfax will be happy to work with you to determine the best course of treatment for these issues.
- HPV oral lesions are caused by the human papillomavirus. The lesions caused by this systemic ailment must be removed to prevent them from potentially developing into cancer that could affect your entire body. Our dentists will work with you to remove HPV lesions and to protect your health from these serious side effects.
The dental team at Dental One Associates of Fairfax can design and implement a treatment plan that will resolve these problems and will help to relieve any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing. This can help you enjoy a healthier mouth and an improved appearance now and in the future.
Laser Dentistry for Oral Lesions
There are numerous benefits associated with choosing laser dentistry treatment for lesions of the mouth, lips and gums. Some of the most important of these advantages include the following:
- Laser therapies address only the affected tissues and leave the surrounding healthy tissue in place. This will often reduce the healing time and the pain associated with treating lesions of the gums, mouth or lips.
- Your laser treatment will generally require little or no anesthesia or numbing. After the procedure, you will also experience less pain and will not require the same degree of pain management as with traditional surgeries.
- Laser procedures take much less time to produce results. Most procedures take between half an hour and an hour to complete.
- Many of our patients report that they experience little or no pain after their laser treatment. This can be especially important for painful lesions that affect the inside of the mouth or the lips.
Our dental team can provide you with practical guidance and treatment options that work for your needs. We offer affordable solutions that include laser dentistry, antiviral medications and topical solutions that are designed specifically to treat your diagnosed condition. This ensures that you receive the best treatment plan for your needs in the Fairfax area.
If you are interested in learning more about the services we offer at Dental One Associates of Fairfax, you can call us today at (703) 664-1990 to request more information or to schedule a consultation with our dental team. We work with patients throughout the Fairfax area to deliver the right solutions for all your dental care needs. Our team of skilled and empathetic dentists will be happy to work with you to make sure that you look your best and that you feel great every day. Give us a call at (703) 664-1990. We look forward to meeting you.