We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: March 4, 2016
Why Tooth Implants will Put a Smile on Your Face
Make your smile look, feel, and function better than ever by discovering affordable dental implants. See if these smile-savers are right for you.
The Real Deal on Dental Implants
If you think that tooth implants are a new and novel treatment, think again. Dental implants were created in 1952 by a Swedish orthopedic surgeon and have become the dental standard for replacing and restoring teeth. Tooth implants are dental aids that are surgically attached to the jawbone to hold other dental aids such as bridges, dentures, and crowns. By bonding to the jawbone, implants ensure that dental aids are held in place to improve the look and function of your smile. Implant dentists affix these implants over the course of a couple of visits, but it’s worth the time because they provide many years of dental benefits, including:
- Greatly enhancing the appearance and function of teeth
- Strength and peace of mind by bonding securely to the jawbone
- No damage is done to the natural tooth structure of nearby teeth
Candidates for Care
Based on the case, tooth implants are used to replace a single tooth, many teeth, or all of your teeth. They are used to restore dental function, improve your appearance, and boost your confidence. But implant dentists caution that tooth implants aren’t recommended for everyone. Your eligibility is based on these dental factors:
- Location – The site of the missing tooth or teeth can determine if an implant is appropriate.
- Amount of bone – A sufficient amount of jawbone is required to fully support the dental implant.
- Dental examination – An implant dentist needs to examine your mouth and make a clinical assessment of your eligibility for a dental implant.
- Cost – Since implants can cost more than other treatments, many implant dentists offer special financing and take insurance to put affordable dental implants in reach. Once you explore your treatment and payment options, see how appealing and affordable dental implants can be.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Virginia, call Dental One Associates of Virginia today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Virginia. With 6 affiliated practices throughout Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Virginia.