We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 22, 2016
The Good News about Bad Breath
Millions of people around the world suffer from bad breath, which is also called halitosis. Fortunately, bad breath can be cured or completely avoided with the following simple strategies.
Eight Reasons for Bad Breath
Halitosis can be caused by many different factors. But family dentistry specialists have identified the eight main reasons you may be battling bad breath. These include:
- Poor at-home oral hygiene
- Lack of professional dental care from an affordable dentist
- Odorous foods such as garlic, onions, and exotic spices
- Dry mouth
- Oral infections
- Medical problems cancer, diabetes, kidney disorders, liver diseases, and like sinus infections
- Some medications
Help for Halitosis
It can be surprisingly simple to treat and even prevent bad breath. Simply follow these smart suggestions from family dentistry specialists to make your breath much better:
- Brush at least two times a day, preferably after every time you eat.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Brush your tongue to scrape away any built-up bacteria that can lead to bad breath.
- Get twice-yearly check-ups and cleanings from an affordable dentist.
- Treat any existing dental problems.
- Stop smoking or using tobacco.
- Avoid dry mouth by drinking water throughout the day to rinse any odor-causing bacteria.
- Discuss your medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if they’re contributing to your case of bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Virginia, call Dental One Associates of Virginia today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Virginia. With 6 affiliated practices throughout Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Virginia.