We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: August 14, 2015
Must-Have Tips for Finding the Best Dentist in Virginia
If you’ve moved and need to locate a new dentist, the American Dental Association (ADA) has a few tips that can help you find the best dentist in Virginia.
- Contact your previous or current dentist to see if he or she can offer a referral.
- Search the Internet. The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and the ADA websites contain helpful information that is specific to your new location.
- Ask your new neighbors and work acquaintances about dentists in Virginia.
- Ask pharmacists, nurses, and doctors for referrals.
- Contact your local dental societies.
Questions to Help You Find Dentists in Virginia
When choosing a new dentist, answers to a few basic questions can help narrow the selection.
- Does the provider accept your dental insurance?
- What services does the clinic offer?
- Are payment plans available?
- Are treatment costs comparable to other area practices?
- Do the dentist and staff members wear protective goggles and gloves during treatments and exams?
- How long has the practice been in business?
- Will the clinic’s hours work with your schedule?
- What types of pain relief, sedation and anesthesia options are available?
- Is preventative care a priority?
- Is the staff friendly and attentive?
- Does the dentist explain tests and procedures in a way you understand?
Special Needs and Affordable Dental Options
If you or your family members have special needs, be sure to find out if your prospective dentist has the training and experience to meet them. If you have mobility problems, look for a practice that makes ramps and handrails available. Contact the Special Care Dentistry Association for more information. To find low-cost or charitable dental care, visit the ADA website for information about state associations, or contact state health agencies and area dental school clinics.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Virginia, call Dental One Associates of Virginia today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Virginia. With 5 affiliated practices throughout Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Virginia.