Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Posted on: June 19, 2015
7 Revealing Signs that You May Eventually Wear Dentures
You might think that dentures are for other people, but they’re more prevalent than you realize. If you practice excellent oral hygiene, and see your dentist regularly, you might be able to avoid wearing dentures, but if you have a history of tooth problems, they may be an inevitable part of your future. Fortunately, today’s dentures are far superior to false teeth of the past. Depending on your preferences and dental needs, conventional or implant-supported removable or fixed permanent dentures may be viable options. If you’re not sure whether you need dentures or not, here are seven warning signs you should keep in mind.
- You have frequent or severe tooth pain, and you’ve ignored it. A bad toothache can be a signal that decay has progressed to a tooth’s pulp. Whenever teeth are badly damaged and left untreated, there’s a chance that conservative treatments won’t be enough to save them.
- You’re too embarrassed to smile. Some people get dentures for cosmetic reasons, even if their teeth are technically healthy.
- You don’t see your dentist twice a year. Semi-annual dental check-ups make it possible for small problems to be discovered and treated before serious damage occurs. If dental disease progresses and requires extractions, dentures may start calling your name.
- You have bleeding, swollen, tender, or red gums. If you treat early gum disease aggressively, you might escape permanent damage. However, if you let periodontal disease progress until it causes tooth loss, you’re headed for denture territory.
- You’ve already lost one or more teeth. To replace them and prevent shifting and other problems, dentures may be the most practical and affordable option.
- You find it difficult to consume hard or chewy foods. Problems chewing foods with challenging textures can be a sign of tooth fracture, gum disease, decay, and other problems that could eventually result in an extraction and a need for tooth replacement.
- You have loose or shifting teeth, or the gaps between them are getting wider. These symptoms often indicate bone loss related to undiscovered periodontal disease. If bone loss is severe, tooth loss may be inevitable.
Get the Best Dentures and Show Off Your Best Smile
If you’re ready to regain a gorgeous smile, and say goodbye to chewing problems and tooth pain, affordable quality dentures could be the perfect solution. Make an appointment with your dentist today to discuss your options.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Virginia, call Dental One Associates of Virginia today at or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Virginia. With 5 affiliated practices throughout Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Virginia.