Top Tips for Selecting a Kids’ Dentist
Pediatric dentists are specialists who provide comprehensive dental and oral health care for infants, children, and teens. While your child may receive excellent care from your family dentist, a pediatric dentist has received advanced training that focuses on the specific needs of children, including those who are chronically ill or have special physical or emotional needs. A pediatric dentist may even be an ideal choice for adults who suffer from conditions such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, or developmental challenges. Find a pediatric dentist in Virginia who will ensure that you get the most advanced treatment available throughout the various stages of your child’s development.
Find the Right Kids’ Dentist
With today’s technology, gathering a list of local providers is as easy as saying the words “Find pediatric dentist in Virginia” to your smartphone, but it helps to understand the factors that affect the quality of your child’s care. Here are a few questions to keep in mind when you need to find a pediatric dentist.
- Were your questions and concerns addressed in a respectful and reassuring way?
- Do the dentist’s personality and manner make you and your child feel at ease?
- Does the provider accept your dental plan?
- Is the office staff friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable?
- Will you be allowed to stay with your child during treatment?
- Is the office environment kid friendly?
- Is the provider a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry?
Services a Pediatric Dentist Provides
- Preventative dental care and risk assessment
- Treatment of dental injuries
- Routine oral health exams
- Professional cleanings
- Application of dental sealants
- Mouth guards
- Treatment of cavities
- Management of periodontal disease
- Management of teething problems
- Behavioral counseling for thumb-sucking and other common habits
- Orthodontic evaluation
- Treatment of oral symptoms related to congenital disorders, diabetes, asthma, and ADHD
- Diagnosis and treatment of tooth and oral developmental problems
- Oral, inhaled, and injectable methods of sedation and anesthesia
When Should You See Your Kid’s Dentist?
Your child’s first pediatric dental visit should occur six months after the eruption of his or her first tooth or no later than the age of one. In general, children should visit the dentist every six months.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Virginia, call Dental One Associates of Virginia today at (855) 979-3337 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Virginia. With 5 affiliated practices throughout Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Virginia.